How Do Itero Digital Impressions in Miami Work?
The iTero scanner digitally captures the structure of the teeth and gums using the latest optical technology. The scanner is a compact, hand-held wand. Once your orthodontist begins the scanning process, it can be stopped and started as many times as necessary.
Your mouth is scanned with a radiation-free laser, and in as little as two to three minutes, the laser renders a digitally perfect, 3D impression of your teeth and soft tissue structures. Through digital software, you’ll then be able to follow the progress of the scans, including a 3D model of your teeth on our computer screen. The iTero scanner can be used for any orthodontic treatment, including Invisalign®.
Benefits of Teeth Scanning
- ELIMINATES IMPRESSIONS, the most invasive procedure in daily orthodontic care.
- SUPERIOR ACCURACY with no distortion from patient movement during set, removal of impression, or disinfection.
- ONSCREEN VISUALIZATION allows for immediate adjustment to create the ideal orthodontic scan the first time.
- INCREASED PATIENT COMFORT by eliminating the goop and gagging with traditional impressions.
- SINGLE USE IMAGING SHIELD to ensure maximum cleanliness.