What Are My Teen’s Options For Braces?
At Garcia Orthodontics, we offer several choices for your teen’s braces. We know that choosing the right type of braces can be a daunting process, and our team is here to help you make an informed decision that best suits your life.
- Traditional braces, the most popular type of braces, are ideal for treating a variety of orthodontic issues, ranging from simple to complex.
- Ceramic braces are made of tooth-colored material and blend in with your natural smile, making them less visible than traditional metal braces. Ceramic braces are modern, highly effective, comfortable, and designed for optimal aesthetics.
- Gold braces are a great treatment for patients who require a traditional braces treatment, but prefer the look of gold brackets and wires. Not only are these types of braces trendy, but they’re strong, durable, and just as effective as traditional braces.
At Garcia Orthodontics, we will work with you to decide which braces best suits your teen’s needs. We provide personalized care to ensure your teen receives the best treatment possible. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation!
How Do I Know If My Teen Needs Braces Or Another Treatment?
At Garcia Orthodontics, we offer comprehensive orthodontic treatment for teens. We will examine your teen’s smile to determine the most appropriate action to realign their bite, and from there, create a customized treatment plan. Our team is experienced in providing braces and other appliances such as retainers, headgear, palate expanders, and more. We can help you and your teen chooses the best treatment option to give them a beautiful, healthy smile! Contact us today to learn more about your options for treatment.
Benefits Of Braces
Patients have turned to braces for years because of their reliability and resistance to wear and tear, contributing to their dependably stunning outcomes. Although these appliances have been around for a long time, braces have continued to improve in functionality and style over the years. Our braces are a more modern update on the classic metal braces that have become so popular.
One of the most widespread myths about orthodontic care is that it is solely beneficial for cosmetic reasons. In addition to making your smile more attractive, orthodontic treatment is also designed to improve dental health. Overlapping or crooked teeth might make it harder to keep plaque at bay because of the increased surface area between them. Biting and chewing might be uncomfortable if your jaw needs to be properly positioned. These problems can be corrected, and improved dental and overall health results from the help of braces. We’re eager to get you started on the path to better oral health because we know it will make you smile!
How Do Braces Fit Into The Teen Lifestyle?
The good news for teens who value a healthy and active lifestyle is that braces shouldn’t get in the way of regular activities. However, there are a few things you should remember so that the treatment progresses smoothly and comfortably:
- Remember that a mouthguard must be worn when playing sports to prevent damage to your braces and teeth.
- Maintaining a regular dental hygiene routine is essential, especially when you have braces. An increased effort in both brushing AND flossing is needed.
- Concerning food restrictions, there are a few main categories that you should try to stay away from. Popcorn kernels, for example, can become stuck between the wire and the brackets, as can chewy candy and the tough dough of pretzels and pizza crusts.
At the start of treatment, our team will fully review all the things you need to know about caring for your smile with braces and answer any questions you may have.